Blistering heat sweeps Pb, Har; Hisar hottest at 46 deg C
Chandigarh: Punjab and Haryana reeled under heat wave conditions as maximum temperatures today hovered around the 45 deg C mark at most places.
Hisar in Haryana was the hottest place in the region as it recorded maximum at 46 deg C, up by five notches above normal, local MeT office said.
Narnaul also sizzled at 45.5 deg C, up by six notches above normal. Ambala experienced a hot day at 42.8 deg C, five degree above normal.
In Punjab, maximum temperature at Chandigarh witnessed a further rise as it settled at 42.1 deg C, three notches above normal.
Sweltering heat swept Amritsar and Ludhiana as both the places recorded identical maximum at 45.4 deg C, six and seven notches above normal respectively.
Blistering heat swept Patiala too which recorded a high of 44.4 deg C, up by six notches.
The MeT department said in its forecast that severe heat wave conditions may occur in some parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next four days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH