Boat capsizes in Punjab; three dead, eight missing
Chandigarh: At least three people were killed and eight others were missing after a boat capsized in Beas river in Punjab`s Kapurthala district on Thursday, police said.
Initial reports said that the boat was carrying over 16 people when it capsized in the river about 180 km from here. Some of them were able to swim ashore.
Rescue teams have reached the spot, located near Sultanpur Lodhi town, Kapurthala district administration officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi