Bring homeguard jawans under BPL: BJP
Jalandhar: Punjab BJP on Tuesday accused the state government of not paying heed to the "plight" of homeguard jawans, demanding that they should be brought under the Below Poverty Line (BPL).
BJP national vice president and former Punjab Cabinet minister Lakshmikanta Chawla, in a statement, said that the condition of homeguard jawans is really bad as they perform a tough duty and get a very less salary.
She demanded that the state government should raise their salary and pay it on time, otherwise bring them under the BPL category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'