British envoy calls on Punjab Governor
Chandigarh: British Deputy High Commissioner David Lelliott on Wednesday met Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and held discussion on various issues, including scope for student exchange programmes between universities in both countries.
During the meeting, Patil also suggested for faculty exchange programmes between the two countries for a fruitful harnessing of talent and innovation, an official release said.
Lelliott said India and Britain enjoy mature bilateral relations and strong socio-cultural linkages, and noted there is great scope to further expand economic and business cooperation.
The British delegate pitched for bilateral cooperation in the fields of IT, agricultural marketing, sharing of educational tools and technologies and solar power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble