British envoy calls on Punjab Governor
Chandigarh: British Deputy High Commissioner David Lelliott on Wednesday met Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil and held discussion on various issues, including scope for student exchange programmes between universities in both countries.
During the meeting, Patil also suggested for faculty exchange programmes between the two countries for a fruitful harnessing of talent and innovation, an official release said.
Lelliott said India and Britain enjoy mature bilateral relations and strong socio-cultural linkages, and noted there is great scope to further expand economic and business cooperation.
The British delegate pitched for bilateral cooperation in the fields of IT, agricultural marketing, sharing of educational tools and technologies and solar power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire