BSF kills Pakistani smuggler, recovers eight kg heroin
Chandigarh: BSF troopers killed a Pakistani smuggler and recovered eight kg of heroin following a shootout in Punjab`s Amritsar sector, a BSF officer said Wednesday.
The seizure is valued Rs.40 crore in the international market. The Border Security Force (BSF) troopers recovered a pistol magazine, 12 rounds of ammunition, a Pakistani mobile and a SIM card from the spot.
"BSF troopers deployed in Rajatal border outpost of Amritsar sector April 16 observed suspicious movement of four-five smugglers, of whom three were from Pakistan. BSF men challenged the smugglers and when fired upon, the troopers retaliated," a BSF spokesman said.
The BSF has seized 228 kg of heroin valued Rs.1,140 crore in the first three-and-a-half months of this year. Of this, the BSF recovered 139 kg of heroin in the Amritsar sector alone.
In 2013, 322 kg of heroin was seized in the Punjab sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi