BSF kills Pakistani smuggler, recovers eight kg heroin
Chandigarh: BSF troopers killed a Pakistani smuggler and recovered eight kg of heroin following a shootout in Punjab`s Amritsar sector, a BSF officer said Wednesday.
The seizure is valued Rs.40 crore in the international market. The Border Security Force (BSF) troopers recovered a pistol magazine, 12 rounds of ammunition, a Pakistani mobile and a SIM card from the spot.
"BSF troopers deployed in Rajatal border outpost of Amritsar sector April 16 observed suspicious movement of four-five smugglers, of whom three were from Pakistan. BSF men challenged the smugglers and when fired upon, the troopers retaliated," a BSF spokesman said.
The BSF has seized 228 kg of heroin valued Rs.1,140 crore in the first three-and-a-half months of this year. Of this, the BSF recovered 139 kg of heroin in the Amritsar sector alone.
In 2013, 322 kg of heroin was seized in the Punjab sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users