BSF recovers 17 kg heroin from Indo-Pak border
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seventeen kg heroin worth Rs 85 crore in the international market was today recovered by BSF personnel along the Indo-Pak border here, the paramilitary officials said.
BSF personnel patrolling the Indo-Pak border along Dera Baba Nanak sector noticed that some people near Sadhawali Border Out Post were trying to sneak into the Indian territory from Pakistan, following which they fired at them.
However, the intruders managed to escape, leaving behind 17 packets containing as many kg heroin valued at Rs 85 crore in the international market, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'