BSF recovers 17 kg heroin from Indo-Pak border
Gurdaspur (Punjab): Seventeen kg heroin worth Rs 85 crore in the international market was today recovered by BSF personnel along the Indo-Pak border here, the paramilitary officials said.
BSF personnel patrolling the Indo-Pak border along Dera Baba Nanak sector noticed that some people near Sadhawali Border Out Post were trying to sneak into the Indian territory from Pakistan, following which they fired at them.
However, the intruders managed to escape, leaving behind 17 packets containing as many kg heroin valued at Rs 85 crore in the international market, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing