BSP activists` hunger strike in Punjab enters second day
Phagwara: The hunger strike by five activists of the BSP, including its Punjab general secretary Jarnail Nangal, entered the second day on Tuesday as they continued their protest against state government`s "anti-people" policies.
The three-day hunger strike was also aimed at highlighting local issues, including construction of new building of a government girls school, Nangal said.
Nangal also demanded action against a TV channel for airing a programme which, he alleged, had "denigrated" Guru Ravi Das, he said.
Besides Nangal, other leaders who are fasting are Gurmukh Singh Chana, Sukhwinder Singh Shergill, Kala Parbhakar, Kulwinder Kainth.
Nangal said the hunger strike will end on October 9, the death anniversary of BSP founder Kanshi Ram.
Narendra Kashyap, party`s national general secretary and party`s Punjab in-charge, and other leaders will address workers rally on Wednesday, added Nangal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan