BSP activists` hunger strike in Punjab enters second day
Phagwara: The hunger strike by five activists of the BSP, including its Punjab general secretary Jarnail Nangal, entered the second day on Tuesday as they continued their protest against state government`s "anti-people" policies.
The three-day hunger strike was also aimed at highlighting local issues, including construction of new building of a government girls school, Nangal said.
Nangal also demanded action against a TV channel for airing a programme which, he alleged, had "denigrated" Guru Ravi Das, he said.
Besides Nangal, other leaders who are fasting are Gurmukh Singh Chana, Sukhwinder Singh Shergill, Kala Parbhakar, Kulwinder Kainth.
Nangal said the hunger strike will end on October 9, the death anniversary of BSP founder Kanshi Ram.
Narendra Kashyap, party`s national general secretary and party`s Punjab in-charge, and other leaders will address workers rally on Wednesday, added Nangal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Vivek Oberoi to be trained by Daniel Craig's trainer
- Viral Video: Cheating man finds both girlfriends at same place, EXPOSED – See what happened next
- Xiaomi's smartphones sales in India up 72%
- Arun Jaitley may not read out new trains, lines after budget merger
- RBI launches Sept round of inflation expectation survey