BSP activists` hunger strike in Punjab enters second day
Phagwara: The hunger strike by five activists of the BSP, including its Punjab general secretary Jarnail Nangal, entered the second day on Tuesday as they continued their protest against state government`s "anti-people" policies.
The three-day hunger strike was also aimed at highlighting local issues, including construction of new building of a government girls school, Nangal said.
Nangal also demanded action against a TV channel for airing a programme which, he alleged, had "denigrated" Guru Ravi Das, he said.
Besides Nangal, other leaders who are fasting are Gurmukh Singh Chana, Sukhwinder Singh Shergill, Kala Parbhakar, Kulwinder Kainth.
Nangal said the hunger strike will end on October 9, the death anniversary of BSP founder Kanshi Ram.
Narendra Kashyap, party`s national general secretary and party`s Punjab in-charge, and other leaders will address workers rally on Wednesday, added Nangal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III