BSP announces Lok Sabha candidate for Amritsar
Amritsar: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Sunday named Pardeep Singh Walia as its candidate for the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat at a rally here.
Addressing the rally, BSP National General Secretary Narinder Kashyap alleged that Congress was an anti-poor party and said nobody should have any expectations from the ruling UPA government at the Centre, which it headed.
Turning to the SAD-BJP combine in power in Punjab, Kashyap alleged that the alliance had done nothing to secure the well- being of the Dalit community in the state.
Walia formerly used to be a member of the Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi