BSP announces Lok Sabha candidate for Amritsar
Amritsar: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Sunday named Pardeep Singh Walia as its candidate for the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat at a rally here.
Addressing the rally, BSP National General Secretary Narinder Kashyap alleged that Congress was an anti-poor party and said nobody should have any expectations from the ruling UPA government at the Centre, which it headed.
Turning to the SAD-BJP combine in power in Punjab, Kashyap alleged that the alliance had done nothing to secure the well- being of the Dalit community in the state.
Walia formerly used to be a member of the Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan
- Over 90% of 4.75 lakh candidates appear in NEET II exam
- GM re-evaluates India investment, new car platform on hold
- Raunchiest Olympics ever: Record number of condoms for 2016 Rio athletes
- Donald Trump says US could pull out of World Trade Organization