BSP announces Lok Sabha candidate for Amritsar
Amritsar: Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) on Sunday named Pardeep Singh Walia as its candidate for the Amritsar Lok Sabha seat at a rally here.
Addressing the rally, BSP National General Secretary Narinder Kashyap alleged that Congress was an anti-poor party and said nobody should have any expectations from the ruling UPA government at the Centre, which it headed.
Turning to the SAD-BJP combine in power in Punjab, Kashyap alleged that the alliance had done nothing to secure the well- being of the Dalit community in the state.
Walia formerly used to be a member of the Shiromani Akali Dal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers