BSP asks Centre to probe Gurdwara shootout
Phagwara: Linking the shootout in a Gurudwara in Austria in 2009 to the recent attack in a Sikh temple in United States, BSP on Tuesday asked the Centre to probe both the strikes in order to prevent such incidents in the future.
Punjab BSP President and Member of Parliament Avtar Singh Karimpuri said the Centre had conveniently ignored his suggestion made in Rajya Sabha for sending a National Investigating Agency (NIA) team to Austria for probing the Vienna shootout in which Sant Rama Nand of Dera Sach Khand Ballan was killed.
"Who had funded the attack, provided weapons to the assailants and hatched the conspiracy should have been probed," he said.
"Had the Vienna conspiracy been unravelled, the Oak Creek (Wisconsin) incident could have been averted," Karimpuri claimed.
"It is still high time for the Central government to rectify its error by sending an NIA team to probe both Vienna and Wisconsin gurdwara shootouts so that such despicable incidents do not recur," he said.
Besides the killing of Sant Rama Nand, around 30 people were wounded, nine of them seriously, as rival factions in the Sikh community clashed inside a gurdwara, in Vienna in May 2009. The killing of the Sant Rama Nand had triggered large-scale violence in Punjab.
Karimpuri alleged that the Punjab government was taking advantage of the High Court ruling for appointing a commission to enquire into the post-Vienna happenings to victimise Dalits.
He declared that the BSP will launch a statewide stir in form of district-level dharnas and rallies in September in protest against alleged growing price rise, corruption and unemployment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH