Budget session of Punjab Assembly to begin Monday
Chandigarh: Amid a difficult situation at the economic front looming before the Punjab government, the Budget session of the state Assembly begins tomorrow with an address of Governor Shivraj Patil.
The session begins in the backdrop of a changed political scenario following Moga bypolls and a change of guards in opposition Congress, which plans to corner the government over a host of issues.
According to party sources, the opposition will take on the government over various matters, which prominently include law and order and financial problems.
The delay on part the ruling party to fulfill its commitments made to the people in its manifesto is another major issue that the Congress can exploit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narendra Modi government failed to create jobs, aid agriculture: Congress
- Daniel Craig 'exhausted' from playing James Bond says Judi Dench
- Give education, equality to girl child, urges Amitabh Bachchan
- Will set up transit accommodations for Kashmiri Pandits till they feel safe to return: Mehbooba Mufti
- Youngsters at alcohol risk can be identified on social media