Budget session of Punjab Assembly to begin Monday
Chandigarh: Amid a difficult situation at the economic front looming before the Punjab government, the Budget session of the state Assembly begins tomorrow with an address of Governor Shivraj Patil.
The session begins in the backdrop of a changed political scenario following Moga bypolls and a change of guards in opposition Congress, which plans to corner the government over a host of issues.
According to party sources, the opposition will take on the government over various matters, which prominently include law and order and financial problems.
The delay on part the ruling party to fulfill its commitments made to the people in its manifesto is another major issue that the Congress can exploit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video