Building collapse: Factory owner sent to judicial
Jalandhar: A local court on Monday remanded the owner of the carpet factory that collapsed in the city in judicial custody.
The court sent the factory owner, Sheetal Vij, to 14-day judicial custody after he was presented before the court following the expiry of his police remand, ACP (Central) Naresh Dogra said.
Police had pleaded for extension of Vij`s custody, but the judge refused the plea, he said.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against the factory owner, who was arrested on April 16.
The three-storey carpet factory building had collapsed at around midnight on April 15 in Focal Point area. At least 23 bodies had been pulled out from the debris, while 62 people had been rescued so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video