Building collapse: Factory owner sent to judicial
Jalandhar: A local court on Monday remanded the owner of the carpet factory that collapsed in the city in judicial custody.
The court sent the factory owner, Sheetal Vij, to 14-day judicial custody after he was presented before the court following the expiry of his police remand, ACP (Central) Naresh Dogra said.
Police had pleaded for extension of Vij`s custody, but the judge refused the plea, he said.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against the factory owner, who was arrested on April 16.
The three-storey carpet factory building had collapsed at around midnight on April 15 in Focal Point area. At least 23 bodies had been pulled out from the debris, while 62 people had been rescued so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!