Building collapse: Factory owner sent to judicial
Jalandhar: A local court on Monday remanded the owner of the carpet factory that collapsed in the city in judicial custody.
The court sent the factory owner, Sheetal Vij, to 14-day judicial custody after he was presented before the court following the expiry of his police remand, ACP (Central) Naresh Dogra said.
Police had pleaded for extension of Vij`s custody, but the judge refused the plea, he said.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against the factory owner, who was arrested on April 16.
The three-storey carpet factory building had collapsed at around midnight on April 15 in Focal Point area. At least 23 bodies had been pulled out from the debris, while 62 people had been rescued so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking
- Multiple deaths reported in Munich shopping centre shooting, police operation underway