Building collapse: Factory owner sent to judicial
Jalandhar: A local court on Monday remanded the owner of the carpet factory that collapsed in the city in judicial custody.
The court sent the factory owner, Sheetal Vij, to 14-day judicial custody after he was presented before the court following the expiry of his police remand, ACP (Central) Naresh Dogra said.
Police had pleaded for extension of Vij`s custody, but the judge refused the plea, he said.
A case of culpable homicide not amounting to murder has been registered against the factory owner, who was arrested on April 16.
The three-storey carpet factory building had collapsed at around midnight on April 15 in Focal Point area. At least 23 bodies had been pulled out from the debris, while 62 people had been rescued so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH