Building collapse: Punjab govt hikes ex gratia to Rs 3L
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Saturday increased the amount of ex gratia from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, granted to next of kin of the people who died in the factory collapse incident at Jalandhar.
The ex gratia announced by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for next of kin of the labourers who died in the building collapse incident at Jalandhar has been raised from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, a spokesperson said here on Saturday.
Nineteen labourers died after the three-storey building collapsed at around midnight on Sunday last at Focal Point area in Jalandhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say