Building collapse: Punjab govt hikes ex gratia to Rs 3L
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Saturday increased the amount of ex gratia from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, granted to next of kin of the people who died in the factory collapse incident at Jalandhar.
The ex gratia announced by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for next of kin of the labourers who died in the building collapse incident at Jalandhar has been raised from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, a spokesperson said here on Saturday.
Nineteen labourers died after the three-storey building collapsed at around midnight on Sunday last at Focal Point area in Jalandhar.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Heatwave grips east, central and peninsular India; many dead in Assam, Arunachal Pradesh due to cyclone, hailstorm
- Anti-Donald Trump protests break out for second day in California
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video