Building collapse: Punjab govt hikes ex gratia to Rs 3L
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Saturday increased the amount of ex gratia from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, granted to next of kin of the people who died in the factory collapse incident at Jalandhar.
The ex gratia announced by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for next of kin of the labourers who died in the building collapse incident at Jalandhar has been raised from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, a spokesperson said here on Saturday.
Nineteen labourers died after the three-storey building collapsed at around midnight on Sunday last at Focal Point area in Jalandhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof