Building collapse: Punjab govt hikes ex gratia to Rs 3L
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Saturday increased the amount of ex gratia from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, granted to next of kin of the people who died in the factory collapse incident at Jalandhar.
The ex gratia announced by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for next of kin of the labourers who died in the building collapse incident at Jalandhar has been raised from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, a spokesperson said here on Saturday.
Nineteen labourers died after the three-storey building collapsed at around midnight on Sunday last at Focal Point area in Jalandhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!