Building collapse: Punjab govt hikes ex gratia to Rs 3L
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Saturday increased the amount of ex gratia from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, granted to next of kin of the people who died in the factory collapse incident at Jalandhar.
The ex gratia announced by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal for next of kin of the labourers who died in the building collapse incident at Jalandhar has been raised from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, a spokesperson said here on Saturday.
Nineteen labourers died after the three-storey building collapsed at around midnight on Sunday last at Focal Point area in Jalandhar.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!