Cabinet reshuffle: Old wine in new bottle, says Ba
Ludhiana: Terming the reshuffle in Union Council of Ministers as a "face saving" exercise, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Saturday said it is the the "same old wine in new bottle" and would in no way improve the Congress` image.
"This exercise would prove futile. What the country needed at this crucial juncture was some revolutionary changes in policies in the interests of the common man and not political gimmicks or jugglery of sorts to befool the aam adami (common man)," Badal told reporters here.
He claimed the exercise would in no way improve the image of the Congress led UPA government.
"It is a face saving exercise, which is not going to help the Congress. It will hardly make any difference as writing is on the wall that the Congress would be routed out from the political map of the country in the next Lok Sabha elections," Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video