Cabinet reshuffle: Old wine in new bottle, says Badal
Ludhiana: Terming the reshuffle in Union Council of Ministers as a "face saving" exercise, Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said it is the the "same old wine in new bottle" and would in no way improve the Congress` image.
"This exercise would prove futile. What the country needed at this crucial juncture was some revolutionary changes in policies in the interests of the common man and not political gimmicks or jugglery of sorts to befool the aam adami (common man)," Badal told reporters here.
He claimed the exercise would in no way improve the image of the Congress led UPA government.
"It is a face saving exercise, which is not going to help the Congress. It will hardly make any difference as writing is on the wall that the Congress would be routed out from the political map of the country in the next Lok Sabha elections," Badal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan