Campaign for regularisation of illegal colonies
Chandigarh: With the approval of policy for regularisation of unauthorised colonies and buildings in the state last month, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Saturday directed the concerned departments to launch a campaign to educate the public about its benefits.
Badal issued instructions to local government and urban development department to launch a campaign to get illegal colonies regularised.
In a meeting held here today, Badal said thousands of residents of over 5,000 illegal colonies were leading uncertain lives due to their illegal status.
Punjab Government has come out with a comprehensive policy to help them to get their colonies and structures regularised as per the policy, he said.
He said that it was the most comprehensive and detailed policy passed by any state government and there was an urgent need to launch a campaign to educate the public that how they can get the benefit from the new policy.
He said that he was getting queries from people across the state, who were not aware about the intricacies of the new policy.
Directing Local Government and Urban Development department to launch a coordinated campaign, Badal said Punjab government would have to adopt pro-active approach by going to the public rather expecting public to approach them.
He said that the colonies with the Municipal area falling within the purview of Local Government department whereas colonies outside the MCs limit would come under the ambit of Urban Development Department.
As per the new policy only those unapproved colonies or the buildings constructed before the April 1, 2013 would be considered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read