Campaigning ends for Gram Panchayat polls in Punjab
Chandigarh: The campaigning for Gram Panchayat elections in Punjab to be held on July three ended Monday evening.
All arrangements are in place for peaceful and fair elections to 13,080 Gram Panchayats, S S Brar, State Election Commissioner, said here.
July three, the day of the polling, has been declared dry day in the revenue jurisdiction of all villages going to the polls, he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq
- Panama papers scandal: Russia to join global fight against tax evasion