Capt Amarinder predicts Moga will be Sukhbir`s Waterloo
Moga: Moga bypoll was going to prove to be Waterloo for Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal and the disintegration of Shiromani Akali Dal was "imminent", Punjab Congress president Capt Amarinder Singh said on Saturday.
The Akali Dal had a history of "disintegrating" at regular intervals and the time had come for history to repeat itself with its total disintegration and consequent fall of the SAD-BJP government, Singh said.
He was addressing a series of public meetings at Mangewala, Khukhrana, Jhandeana, Ghal Kalan and Focal Point areas in support of party candidate Vijay Sathi.
"No matter how hard the senior Badal (Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal) may try to hold it together, the countdown had already begun for the party to end," he said.
The PCC president claimed that senior leadership in the party and some close family members of Badal were feeling suffocated within the party.
Capt Amarinder said Sukhbir`s arrogance had crossed all limits.
He appealed to the people to exercise their vote cautiously in the Moga bypoll on February 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?