Capt Amarinder predicts Moga will be Sukhbir`s Waterloo
Moga: Moga bypoll was going to prove to be Waterloo for Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal and the disintegration of Shiromani Akali Dal was "imminent", Punjab Congress president Capt Amarinder Singh said on Saturday.
The Akali Dal had a history of "disintegrating" at regular intervals and the time had come for history to repeat itself with its total disintegration and consequent fall of the SAD-BJP government, Singh said.
He was addressing a series of public meetings at Mangewala, Khukhrana, Jhandeana, Ghal Kalan and Focal Point areas in support of party candidate Vijay Sathi.
"No matter how hard the senior Badal (Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal) may try to hold it together, the countdown had already begun for the party to end," he said.
The PCC president claimed that senior leadership in the party and some close family members of Badal were feeling suffocated within the party.
Capt Amarinder said Sukhbir`s arrogance had crossed all limits.
He appealed to the people to exercise their vote cautiously in the Moga bypoll on February 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video