Capt Amarinder predicts Moga will be Sukhbir`s Waterloo
Moga: Moga bypoll was going to prove to be Waterloo for Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal and the disintegration of Shiromani Akali Dal was "imminent", Punjab Congress president Capt Amarinder Singh said on Saturday.
The Akali Dal had a history of "disintegrating" at regular intervals and the time had come for history to repeat itself with its total disintegration and consequent fall of the SAD-BJP government, Singh said.
He was addressing a series of public meetings at Mangewala, Khukhrana, Jhandeana, Ghal Kalan and Focal Point areas in support of party candidate Vijay Sathi.
"No matter how hard the senior Badal (Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal) may try to hold it together, the countdown had already begun for the party to end," he said.
The PCC president claimed that senior leadership in the party and some close family members of Badal were feeling suffocated within the party.
Capt Amarinder said Sukhbir`s arrogance had crossed all limits.
He appealed to the people to exercise their vote cautiously in the Moga bypoll on February 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'