Car-lifting gang busted in Moga
Moga: A car-lifting gang operating in Punjab, Haryana and Delhi was today unearthed by the police with the arrest of one person.
The accused identified as Jagrup Singh was nabbed yesterday with a stolen vehicle when a police `naka` was laid at the Moga bypass.
However, the other gang members, including Jagsir Singh, Jagdeep Singh and Tejinder Singh managed to escape, said SSP Surjit Singh Grewal today.
The gang was operating in different states for the last several years, he said.
The accused had confessed that the gang used to prepare fake documents of stolen vehicles and used to sell in different states, the SSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered