Car-lifting gang busted in Moga
Moga: A car-lifting gang operating in Punjab, Haryana and Delhi was today unearthed by the police with the arrest of one person.
The accused identified as Jagrup Singh was nabbed yesterday with a stolen vehicle when a police `naka` was laid at the Moga bypass.
However, the other gang members, including Jagsir Singh, Jagdeep Singh and Tejinder Singh managed to escape, said SSP Surjit Singh Grewal today.
The gang was operating in different states for the last several years, he said.
The accused had confessed that the gang used to prepare fake documents of stolen vehicles and used to sell in different states, the SSP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured