Case against Asaram`s spokesperson in Amritsar
Chandigarh: A case was registered in Amritsar Wednesday against a spokesperson of spiritual guru Asaram Bapu on charges of hurting religious sentiments of a community, police said.
Police officials said that spokesperson Neelam Dubey was booked for hurting religious sentiments and promoting enmity between groups based on religion following a complaint made against her by officials of the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC).
In the complaint, the SGPC officials objected to utterances made by Dubey against Guru Nanak Dev on a news channel show. They said the remarks by Dubey were derogatory to the gurus and hurt religious sentiments of the Sikh community.
The godman is himself facing charges of rape and sexual exploitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'