Case against Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs
Jalandhar: Punjab Police here Monday booked yoga guru Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs.
The case against Ramdev under section 295-A (hurting religious sentiments or feelings) was registered at a police station here following a complaint by Harpreet Singh of the Sikh Talmel Committee.
In his complaint, Harpreet Singh said Ramdev had hurt religious sentiments of Sikhs after he was shown in a photograph at a yoga camp at Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district with a photograph of the 10th guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh, placed near his feet. The yoga camp was held in November 2011.
Police said the photo went viral on social networking websites in recent days.
"We have registered a case against him (Ramdev) following the complaint. We will investigate the matter and verify if the photo is real or not," police officer Naresh Kumar Dogra said.
However, complainant Harpreet Singh demanded that Ramdev be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city