Case against Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs
Jalandhar: Punjab Police here Monday booked yoga guru Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs.
The case against Ramdev under section 295-A (hurting religious sentiments or feelings) was registered at a police station here following a complaint by Harpreet Singh of the Sikh Talmel Committee.
In his complaint, Harpreet Singh said Ramdev had hurt religious sentiments of Sikhs after he was shown in a photograph at a yoga camp at Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district with a photograph of the 10th guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh, placed near his feet. The yoga camp was held in November 2011.
Police said the photo went viral on social networking websites in recent days.
"We have registered a case against him (Ramdev) following the complaint. We will investigate the matter and verify if the photo is real or not," police officer Naresh Kumar Dogra said.
However, complainant Harpreet Singh demanded that Ramdev be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees