Case against Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs
Jalandhar: Punjab Police here Monday booked yoga guru Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs.
The case against Ramdev under section 295-A (hurting religious sentiments or feelings) was registered at a police station here following a complaint by Harpreet Singh of the Sikh Talmel Committee.
In his complaint, Harpreet Singh said Ramdev had hurt religious sentiments of Sikhs after he was shown in a photograph at a yoga camp at Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district with a photograph of the 10th guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh, placed near his feet. The yoga camp was held in November 2011.
Police said the photo went viral on social networking websites in recent days.
"We have registered a case against him (Ramdev) following the complaint. We will investigate the matter and verify if the photo is real or not," police officer Naresh Kumar Dogra said.
However, complainant Harpreet Singh demanded that Ramdev be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination