Case against Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs
Jalandhar: Punjab Police here Monday booked yoga guru Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs.
The case against Ramdev under section 295-A (hurting religious sentiments or feelings) was registered at a police station here following a complaint by Harpreet Singh of the Sikh Talmel Committee.
In his complaint, Harpreet Singh said Ramdev had hurt religious sentiments of Sikhs after he was shown in a photograph at a yoga camp at Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district with a photograph of the 10th guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh, placed near his feet. The yoga camp was held in November 2011.
Police said the photo went viral on social networking websites in recent days.
"We have registered a case against him (Ramdev) following the complaint. We will investigate the matter and verify if the photo is real or not," police officer Naresh Kumar Dogra said.
However, complainant Harpreet Singh demanded that Ramdev be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued