Case against Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs
Jalandhar: Punjab Police here Monday booked yoga guru Ramdev for hurting religious sentiments of Sikhs.
The case against Ramdev under section 295-A (hurting religious sentiments or feelings) was registered at a police station here following a complaint by Harpreet Singh of the Sikh Talmel Committee.
In his complaint, Harpreet Singh said Ramdev had hurt religious sentiments of Sikhs after he was shown in a photograph at a yoga camp at Talwandi Sabo in Bathinda district with a photograph of the 10th guru of the Sikhs, Guru Gobind Singh, placed near his feet. The yoga camp was held in November 2011.
Police said the photo went viral on social networking websites in recent days.
"We have registered a case against him (Ramdev) following the complaint. We will investigate the matter and verify if the photo is real or not," police officer Naresh Kumar Dogra said.
However, complainant Harpreet Singh demanded that Ramdev be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index