CBI registers case against engineering college
Chandigarh: The CBI today registered a case
against a leading engineering college here for alleged
irregularities in admissions to the institution.
The case was registered after a CBI team raided Punjab
Engineering College run by the Chandigarh administration
following allegations that authorities of the institution had
allowed admissions in key streams on the basis of forged
documents, a senior CBI official said.
After checking documents pertaining to admissions, the
CBI has registered a case against some unknown officials of
PEC who facilitated the admissions and 11 students, the CBI
The irregularities have been detected in admissions on
seats reserved for Non Resident Indians (NRIs), sources in the
investigating agency said.
Meanwhile, college authorities have refused to make any
The director of the institute is stated to be out of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’