CBI should interrogate Bansal: BJP
Chandigarh: Stepping up attack on Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal over bribery charge against his nephew, Punjab unit of BJP on Tuesday demanded the Congress leader`s interrogation by the CBI.
A company owned by the Union Minister`s sons, had seen its turnover rise from zero to Rs 152 crore during the past eight years, BJP`s legal cell head and national executive member Satyapal Jain told reporters here.
He also made a mention about a sting operation conducted by a private channel six years back and report of a Parliamentary Committee on Health, which had allegedly found several shortcomings or violation of the rules by the pharma company.
"We demand that Bansal should be immediately interrogated by CBI because he is key in the entire sequence of things. If he is clean in the entire episode (relating to arrest of his nephew and others by the CBI), then why has he maintained silence," Jain said.
BJP`s direct allegation is that close relatives of Bansal have benefited and acquired assets through the misuse of power and position by the Union Minister, he said.
Jain said that after Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla`s arrest by the CBI, the Minister had tried to wash his hands of the entire issue.
"Now, we have come to know about another company, in which many years back Vijay Singla`s brother Madan had become a Director, but later resigned.
"Then Bansal`s sons took over, but both resigned in 2008 and on the same day Ajay Garg, another accused who landed in CBI net today, became Director on the same day," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset