CBI should interrogate Bansal: BJP
Chandigarh: Stepping up attack on Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal over bribery charge against his nephew, Punjab unit of BJP on Tuesday demanded the Congress leader`s interrogation by the CBI.
A company owned by the Union Minister`s sons, had seen its turnover rise from zero to Rs 152 crore during the past eight years, BJP`s legal cell head and national executive member Satyapal Jain told reporters here.
He also made a mention about a sting operation conducted by a private channel six years back and report of a Parliamentary Committee on Health, which had allegedly found several shortcomings or violation of the rules by the pharma company.
"We demand that Bansal should be immediately interrogated by CBI because he is key in the entire sequence of things. If he is clean in the entire episode (relating to arrest of his nephew and others by the CBI), then why has he maintained silence," Jain said.
BJP`s direct allegation is that close relatives of Bansal have benefited and acquired assets through the misuse of power and position by the Union Minister, he said.
Jain said that after Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla`s arrest by the CBI, the Minister had tried to wash his hands of the entire issue.
"Now, we have come to know about another company, in which many years back Vijay Singla`s brother Madan had become a Director, but later resigned.
"Then Bansal`s sons took over, but both resigned in 2008 and on the same day Ajay Garg, another accused who landed in CBI net today, became Director on the same day," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'