CBI should interrogate Bansal: BJP
Chandigarh: Stepping up attack on Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal over bribery charge against his nephew, Punjab unit of BJP on Tuesday demanded the Congress leader`s interrogation by the CBI.
A company owned by the Union Minister`s sons, had seen its turnover rise from zero to Rs 152 crore during the past eight years, BJP`s legal cell head and national executive member Satyapal Jain told reporters here.
He also made a mention about a sting operation conducted by a private channel six years back and report of a Parliamentary Committee on Health, which had allegedly found several shortcomings or violation of the rules by the pharma company.
"We demand that Bansal should be immediately interrogated by CBI because he is key in the entire sequence of things. If he is clean in the entire episode (relating to arrest of his nephew and others by the CBI), then why has he maintained silence," Jain said.
BJP`s direct allegation is that close relatives of Bansal have benefited and acquired assets through the misuse of power and position by the Union Minister, he said.
Jain said that after Bansal`s nephew Vijay Singla`s arrest by the CBI, the Minister had tried to wash his hands of the entire issue.
"Now, we have come to know about another company, in which many years back Vijay Singla`s brother Madan had become a Director, but later resigned.
"Then Bansal`s sons took over, but both resigned in 2008 and on the same day Ajay Garg, another accused who landed in CBI net today, became Director on the same day," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch