Centre rushes 1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: The Centre on Sunday rushed about
1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab and Haryana, hit by
violence following filing of a fresh murder case against
Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
"We have sent central paramilitary forces, 12 companies
to Punjab and Haryana to take care of the situation. Strict
instructions have been given to the state governments to take
severe action against those breaking law and order," Union
Home Secretary G K Pillai told reporters here.
He said the Home Minister P Chidambaram is aware of the
"We have also kept Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
informed," Pillai said.
Resenting the filing of a murder case against the Dera
Sacha Sauda head by the CBI, sect supporters last evening went
on a rampage setting ablaze four trains and around 37
vehicles, including 27 buses, and vandalising property in
several places in the two states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview