Centre rushes 1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: The Centre on Sunday rushed about
1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab and Haryana, hit by
violence following filing of a fresh murder case against
Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
"We have sent central paramilitary forces, 12 companies
to Punjab and Haryana to take care of the situation. Strict
instructions have been given to the state governments to take
severe action against those breaking law and order," Union
Home Secretary G K Pillai told reporters here.
He said the Home Minister P Chidambaram is aware of the
"We have also kept Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
informed," Pillai said.
Resenting the filing of a murder case against the Dera
Sacha Sauda head by the CBI, sect supporters last evening went
on a rampage setting ablaze four trains and around 37
vehicles, including 27 buses, and vandalising property in
several places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown