Centre rushes 1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: The Centre on Sunday rushed about
1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab and Haryana, hit by
violence following filing of a fresh murder case against
Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
"We have sent central paramilitary forces, 12 companies
to Punjab and Haryana to take care of the situation. Strict
instructions have been given to the state governments to take
severe action against those breaking law and order," Union
Home Secretary G K Pillai told reporters here.
He said the Home Minister P Chidambaram is aware of the
"We have also kept Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
informed," Pillai said.
Resenting the filing of a murder case against the Dera
Sacha Sauda head by the CBI, sect supporters last evening went
on a rampage setting ablaze four trains and around 37
vehicles, including 27 buses, and vandalising property in
several places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II