Centre rushes 1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: The Centre on Sunday rushed about
1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab and Haryana, hit by
violence following filing of a fresh murder case against
Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
"We have sent central paramilitary forces, 12 companies
to Punjab and Haryana to take care of the situation. Strict
instructions have been given to the state governments to take
severe action against those breaking law and order," Union
Home Secretary G K Pillai told reporters here.
He said the Home Minister P Chidambaram is aware of the
"We have also kept Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
informed," Pillai said.
Resenting the filing of a murder case against the Dera
Sacha Sauda head by the CBI, sect supporters last evening went
on a rampage setting ablaze four trains and around 37
vehicles, including 27 buses, and vandalising property in
several places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone