Centre rushes 1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab, Haryana
New Delhi: The Centre on Sunday rushed about
1,200 paramilitary personnel to Punjab and Haryana, hit by
violence following filing of a fresh murder case against
Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
"We have sent central paramilitary forces, 12 companies
to Punjab and Haryana to take care of the situation. Strict
instructions have been given to the state governments to take
severe action against those breaking law and order," Union
Home Secretary G K Pillai told reporters here.
He said the Home Minister P Chidambaram is aware of the
"We have also kept Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
informed," Pillai said.
Resenting the filing of a murder case against the Dera
Sacha Sauda head by the CBI, sect supporters last evening went
on a rampage setting ablaze four trains and around 37
vehicles, including 27 buses, and vandalising property in
several places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail