Centre to decide political asylum to NWFP Sikhs: Sukhbir
Patiala: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said it was for the Centre to decide
regarding the political asylum for Sikhs of North West
Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan.
In reply to a query regarding any possible migration
of Sikhs from NWFP, he said, "It is for the Indian government
to decide about the possible political asylum."
He urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make the
attack an international issue as it was an attack on humanity.
The government should expose the atrocities of
Taliban at international level, he told reporters here.
The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has
already offered to provide food and other support to Sikhs
from Pakistan were the Indian Government to consider their
case for asylum.
Asked about the any threat of revival of terrorism in
the state, he said the SAD-BJP alliance government would not
allow terrorism to be revived in the state again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'