Centre to decide political asylum to NWFP Sikhs: Sukhbir
Patiala: Punjab Deputy Chief Minister
Sukhbir Singh Badal on Wednesday said it was for the Centre to decide
regarding the political asylum for Sikhs of North West
Frontier Province (NWFP) of Pakistan.
In reply to a query regarding any possible migration
of Sikhs from NWFP, he said, "It is for the Indian government
to decide about the possible political asylum."
He urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to make the
attack an international issue as it was an attack on humanity.
The government should expose the atrocities of
Taliban at international level, he told reporters here.
The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC) has
already offered to provide food and other support to Sikhs
from Pakistan were the Indian Government to consider their
case for asylum.
Asked about the any threat of revival of terrorism in
the state, he said the SAD-BJP alliance government would not
allow terrorism to be revived in the state again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon