Centre to extend support to Punjab industrialists: Dhumal
Amritsar: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister P K Dhumal on Sunday asked the Centre to give a special package to industrialists of Punjab, saying industry has been badly hit in the state.
During an interaction with industrialists of small scale units, processing and textile houses, Dhumal said that during the peak days of militancy in Punjab industry suffered immensely and it is now in the doldrums.
He said the Centre should immediately act upon suggestions forwarded by the Punjab government for revival of industry in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir