Chairman of Punjab SC/ST Panel visits gang-rape victim
Amritsar: Chairman of Punjab Commission for SC/ST Rajesh Bagha on Thursday met the 22-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped from city general bus stand and gang-raped repeatedly in the moving car and assured her all kind of legal help.
He said the accused would be taken to task and there would be no leniency in such a heinous crime.
Bagha also held meeting with senior police and civil officials with regard to the ongoing proceedings of gang rape case.
He later told reporters that he had issued directions to Police administration to complete the ongoing investigation at the shortest period in order to deliver justice to victim.
Bagha said police has also set up a special investigation team which will submit report of rape incidents within a week.
He also directed the District Administration to pay adequate compensation to the rape victim under the SC/ST Act forthwith and report to the Commission.
Vice Chairman of National SC/ST Commission Raj Kumar Verka also visited the gang rape victim today and issued direction to district administration to constitute a special Medical Board to extend her best medical treatment in the Government hospital since she was allegedly forcibly discharged by the doctors on duty.
On March 27 night, the girl was gang raped repeatedly in a moving car for forty five minutes and later dumped at Railway colony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!