Chairman of Punjab SC/ST Panel visits gang-rape victim
Amritsar: Chairman of Punjab Commission for SC/ST Rajesh Bagha on Thursday met the 22-year-old girl who was allegedly kidnapped from city general bus stand and gang-raped repeatedly in the moving car and assured her all kind of legal help.
He said the accused would be taken to task and there would be no leniency in such a heinous crime.
Bagha also held meeting with senior police and civil officials with regard to the ongoing proceedings of gang rape case.
He later told reporters that he had issued directions to Police administration to complete the ongoing investigation at the shortest period in order to deliver justice to victim.
Bagha said police has also set up a special investigation team which will submit report of rape incidents within a week.
He also directed the District Administration to pay adequate compensation to the rape victim under the SC/ST Act forthwith and report to the Commission.
Vice Chairman of National SC/ST Commission Raj Kumar Verka also visited the gang rape victim today and issued direction to district administration to constitute a special Medical Board to extend her best medical treatment in the Government hospital since she was allegedly forcibly discharged by the doctors on duty.
On March 27 night, the girl was gang raped repeatedly in a moving car for forty five minutes and later dumped at Railway colony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble