Chandigarh-Amritsar Express to have a stoppage at Phagwara
Phagwara: The Chandigarh-Amritsar Intercity Superfast Express will now have a one-minute halt at Phagwara which will connect it with holy city of Amritsar and state Capital Chandigarh.
Union minister of state for Health and Family Welfare Santosh Chowdhary today flagged off the Amritsar-bound Chandigarh Intercity Superfast Express(12411/12412) on its maiden one-minute halt at local railway station.
"It will stop here at 9.30 am while going to Amritsar and at 7.05 pm on its return journey," Chowdhary said at the function which was also attended by former Punjab minister Joginder Singh Mann, Ex-MLA Ram Lubhaya and Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Firozpur Division N C Goel.
The train`s name from Duranto was changed to Intercity Superfast Express on my suggestion for paving way for its halt at Phagwara, she said.
Its journey will be quiet cosy and cheap at Rs 60 from Phagwara to Amritsar while its time to reach there will be just one hour and twenty two minutes, said Goel.
Earlier, the train had stoppages at SAS Nagar (Mohali), New Morinda, Ludhiana, Jalandhar City and Beas railway stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'