Chandigarh cop kills wife, attempts suicide
Chandigarh: A Chandigarh Police constable on Friday shot his wife dead with his service pistol at the Government Multi-Speciality Hospital (GMSH) in Sector 16 here following an altercation. He later attempted to shoot himself but was overpowered, police said.
The victim, Dimple, worked in the hospital.
Eyewitnesses told police that Constable Anand Kumar had an argument with his wife for 15 minutes outside the new OPD block after which he pulled out his 9 mm pistol and fired four shots at her from close range.
Anand Kumar then fired two more shots, one of which hit him in the shoulder and the other hit a passer-by. He was subsequently overpowered by another Chandigarh Police constable present there.
Dimple was pronounced dead on the spot.
Both Anand Kumar and the passer-by have been admitted to hospital and have been declared to be out of danger, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'