Chandigarh court issues summons to Sonia on price rise
Chandigarh: A court here on Wednesday issued summons to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on a petition seeking directions to the ruling party to maintain a check and control on price rise and inflation.
On a petition filed by three persons, including a local advocate, Civil Judge Anshul Berry issued summons to Sonia to appear in court in person or through her attorney on April seven this year.
In case of default in appearance, the suit will be heard and determined in her absence, the court said.
The advocate, who also runs an NGO, in his petition said simple daily needs are going beyond reach of the poor. "It has been seen in slum areas that the poor labourers are eating rice with plain salted water," he contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...