Chandigarh court issues summons to Sonia on price rise
Chandigarh: A court here on Wednesday issued summons to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on a petition seeking directions to the ruling party to maintain a check and control on price rise and inflation.
On a petition filed by three persons, including a local advocate, Civil Judge Anshul Berry issued summons to Sonia to appear in court in person or through her attorney on April seven this year.
In case of default in appearance, the suit will be heard and determined in her absence, the court said.
The advocate, who also runs an NGO, in his petition said simple daily needs are going beyond reach of the poor. "It has been seen in slum areas that the poor labourers are eating rice with plain salted water," he contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read