Chandigarh court issues summons to Sonia on price rise
Chandigarh: A court here on Wednesday issued summons to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on a petition seeking directions to the ruling party to maintain a check and control on price rise and inflation.
On a petition filed by three persons, including a local advocate, Civil Judge Anshul Berry issued summons to Sonia to appear in court in person or through her attorney on April seven this year.
In case of default in appearance, the suit will be heard and determined in her absence, the court said.
The advocate, who also runs an NGO, in his petition said simple daily needs are going beyond reach of the poor. "It has been seen in slum areas that the poor labourers are eating rice with plain salted water," he contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie