Chandigarh court issues summons to Sonia on price rise
Chandigarh: A court here on Wednesday issued summons to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi on a petition seeking directions to the ruling party to maintain a check and control on price rise and inflation.
On a petition filed by three persons, including a local advocate, Civil Judge Anshul Berry issued summons to Sonia to appear in court in person or through her attorney on April seven this year.
In case of default in appearance, the suit will be heard and determined in her absence, the court said.
The advocate, who also runs an NGO, in his petition said simple daily needs are going beyond reach of the poor. "It has been seen in slum areas that the poor labourers are eating rice with plain salted water," he contended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- UEFA Champions League 2016-17 draw; Player of the Year award ceremony — As it happened...
- Kannada actress Ramya attacked with eggs in Mangaluru over 'pro-Pak remarks'
- AFC Ajax keeper Jasper Cillessen joins Barcelona
- Nashik farmer gets 5 paise per kg for onions!
- China faces 1-year ban from weightlifting over doping