Chandigarh declares UID as valid proof of identity
Chandigarh: The city administration on Wednesday took a lead in recognising UID as a valid proof of identity and address.
The UID would be a valid proof for various welfare schemes being run by departments, boards, corporations, public undertakings and agencies under the aegis of the Chandigarh Administration, an official spokesman said here.
With the issuance of this notification, Chandigarh has become one of the first states/Union Territories to have accepted Aadhaar as a valid proof of address and identity, he claimed.
UID enrolment in Chandigarh has crossed the 60 per cent mark as over 6.5 lakh residents have been enrolled with the UID Authority.
UID numbers have been issued to approximately 5.5 lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- 'Reprogrammed' bacteria eat carbon dioxide to produce sugars
- Government eliminates 1.6 crore bogus ration cards, to save Rs 10,000 crore
- Mahindra makes history with maiden win in Moto3 class
- Yemen clashes intensify as Ban Ki-moon pushes peace
- France beat Ireland 2-1 to reach Euro 2016 quarter-finals