Chandigarh declares UID as valid proof of identity
Chandigarh: The city administration on Wednesday took a lead in recognising UID as a valid proof of identity and address.
The UID would be a valid proof for various welfare schemes being run by departments, boards, corporations, public undertakings and agencies under the aegis of the Chandigarh Administration, an official spokesman said here.
With the issuance of this notification, Chandigarh has become one of the first states/Union Territories to have accepted Aadhaar as a valid proof of address and identity, he claimed.
UID enrolment in Chandigarh has crossed the 60 per cent mark as over 6.5 lakh residents have been enrolled with the UID Authority.
UID numbers have been issued to approximately 5.5 lakh people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'