Chandigarh declares UID as valid proof of identity
Chandigarh: The city administration on Wednesday took a lead in recognising UID as a valid proof of identity and address.
The UID would be a valid proof for various welfare schemes being run by departments, boards, corporations, public undertakings and agencies under the aegis of the Chandigarh Administration, an official spokesman said here.
With the issuance of this notification, Chandigarh has become one of the first states/Union Territories to have accepted Aadhaar as a valid proof of address and identity, he claimed.
UID enrolment in Chandigarh has crossed the 60 per cent mark as over 6.5 lakh residents have been enrolled with the UID Authority.
UID numbers have been issued to approximately 5.5 lakh people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended