Chandigarh declares UID as valid proof of identity
Chandigarh: The city administration on Wednesday took a lead in recognising UID as a valid proof of identity and address.
The UID would be a valid proof for various welfare schemes being run by departments, boards, corporations, public undertakings and agencies under the aegis of the Chandigarh Administration, an official spokesman said here.
With the issuance of this notification, Chandigarh has become one of the first states/Union Territories to have accepted Aadhaar as a valid proof of address and identity, he claimed.
UID enrolment in Chandigarh has crossed the 60 per cent mark as over 6.5 lakh residents have been enrolled with the UID Authority.
UID numbers have been issued to approximately 5.5 lakh people.
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016, NBSE 12th Class Result 2016 announced; check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in
- WATCH: Kolkata Knight Riders skipper Gautam Gambhir kicks a chair to celebrate team's win over Royal Challengers Bangalore