Chandigarh to have Garden of Springs
Chandigarh: The Ministry of Tourism has
sanctioned Rs 311.50 lakh for setting up a `Garden of Spring`
in Chandigarh here.
"The concept of Garden of Springs in Sector 53 will be
developed by a team of College of Architecture to make it a
major tourist spot in the southern sectors of Chandigarh,"
Secretary Tourism Ram Niwas said.
A Tourist Reception Centre will be constructed at a
cost of about Rs 65 lakh, an official spokesman said.
For the convenience of tourists, new parking area will
be constructed along with walkways throughout the Garden at a
cost of over Rs 50 lakh.
The Ministry of Tourism has released Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and stone pitching of N Choe passing through
The Garden of Spring will show case more than 150
species of flowering trees, shrubs and different kinds of
flowering creepers providing an opportunity to the visitors
and tourists to enjoy the flora of Chandigarh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'