Chandigarh to have Garden of Springs
Chandigarh: The Ministry of Tourism has
sanctioned Rs 311.50 lakh for setting up a `Garden of Spring`
in Chandigarh here.
"The concept of Garden of Springs in Sector 53 will be
developed by a team of College of Architecture to make it a
major tourist spot in the southern sectors of Chandigarh,"
Secretary Tourism Ram Niwas said.
A Tourist Reception Centre will be constructed at a
cost of about Rs 65 lakh, an official spokesman said.
For the convenience of tourists, new parking area will
be constructed along with walkways throughout the Garden at a
cost of over Rs 50 lakh.
The Ministry of Tourism has released Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and stone pitching of N Choe passing through
The Garden of Spring will show case more than 150
species of flowering trees, shrubs and different kinds of
flowering creepers providing an opportunity to the visitors
and tourists to enjoy the flora of Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok