Chandigarh to have Garden of Springs
Chandigarh: The Ministry of Tourism has
sanctioned Rs 311.50 lakh for setting up a `Garden of Spring`
in Chandigarh here.
"The concept of Garden of Springs in Sector 53 will be
developed by a team of College of Architecture to make it a
major tourist spot in the southern sectors of Chandigarh,"
Secretary Tourism Ram Niwas said.
A Tourist Reception Centre will be constructed at a
cost of about Rs 65 lakh, an official spokesman said.
For the convenience of tourists, new parking area will
be constructed along with walkways throughout the Garden at a
cost of over Rs 50 lakh.
The Ministry of Tourism has released Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and stone pitching of N Choe passing through
The Garden of Spring will show case more than 150
species of flowering trees, shrubs and different kinds of
flowering creepers providing an opportunity to the visitors
and tourists to enjoy the flora of Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh