Chandigarh to have Garden of Springs
Chandigarh: The Ministry of Tourism has
sanctioned Rs 311.50 lakh for setting up a `Garden of Spring`
in Chandigarh here.
"The concept of Garden of Springs in Sector 53 will be
developed by a team of College of Architecture to make it a
major tourist spot in the southern sectors of Chandigarh,"
Secretary Tourism Ram Niwas said.
A Tourist Reception Centre will be constructed at a
cost of about Rs 65 lakh, an official spokesman said.
For the convenience of tourists, new parking area will
be constructed along with walkways throughout the Garden at a
cost of over Rs 50 lakh.
The Ministry of Tourism has released Rs 50 lakh for
beautification and stone pitching of N Choe passing through
The Garden of Spring will show case more than 150
species of flowering trees, shrubs and different kinds of
flowering creepers providing an opportunity to the visitors
and tourists to enjoy the flora of Chandigarh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday