Change of command in 12 Wing AF station Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Air Commodore SK Indoria on Wednesday took over as 28th Air Officer Commanding of the 12 Wing, Air Force, Chandigarh from Air Commodore S C Chafekar.
Commodore SC Chafekar moved to Air Headquarters, New Delhi as Principal Director (PD) Operations (Space), a defenece spokesman said here.
A ceremonial parade was conducted by the air warriors under the command of Group Captain Navjodh Singh for the handing-taking over ceremony.
Commodore Indoria was commissioned as a pilot in the Fighter Stream of the Indian Air Force in 1986. He has logged over 6,000 hours of flying and is fully capable in all operational roles and missions on MIG-21, MIG-27 and AN-32 aircrafts. He is also a Qualified Flying Instructor.
Prior to taking over the command, Commodore Indoria was PD Operations at Air Headquarters where he was in-charge of the Indian Air Force Transport Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read