Change of command in 12 Wing AF station Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Air Commodore SK Indoria on Wednesday took over as 28th Air Officer Commanding of the 12 Wing, Air Force, Chandigarh from Air Commodore S C Chafekar.
Commodore SC Chafekar moved to Air Headquarters, New Delhi as Principal Director (PD) Operations (Space), a defenece spokesman said here.
A ceremonial parade was conducted by the air warriors under the command of Group Captain Navjodh Singh for the handing-taking over ceremony.
Commodore Indoria was commissioned as a pilot in the Fighter Stream of the Indian Air Force in 1986. He has logged over 6,000 hours of flying and is fully capable in all operational roles and missions on MIG-21, MIG-27 and AN-32 aircrafts. He is also a Qualified Flying Instructor.
Prior to taking over the command, Commodore Indoria was PD Operations at Air Headquarters where he was in-charge of the Indian Air Force Transport Fleet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Vijay Mallya deliberately concealing his assets, banks to SC
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- Bulandshahr rape: SC pulls up UP Govt, Azam Khan over controversial remark - Details inside
- Scorpene data leak 'a matter of serious concern', asked DCNS for urgent probe: Navy Chief Sunil Lanba
- Forget Freedom 251, here comes another smartphone at Rs 501