‘Check stagnation at constable level’
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday directed the state DGP to submit an action plan recommending welfare initiatives for constables.
"The constabulary is the backbone of Police force and welfare steps should be taken to raise the morale of constables," Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said in
a meeting with the Police department here.
It is a matter of concern that a constable is offered first promotion after 16 years of his services and that too without any financial incentive, he said and directed DGP P S Gill to submit an action plan within seven days to check stagnation at constable and ASI level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police