‘Check stagnation at constable level’
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday directed the state DGP to submit an action plan recommending welfare initiatives for constables.
"The constabulary is the backbone of Police force and welfare steps should be taken to raise the morale of constables," Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said in
a meeting with the Police department here.
It is a matter of concern that a constable is offered first promotion after 16 years of his services and that too without any financial incentive, he said and directed DGP P S Gill to submit an action plan within seven days to check stagnation at constable and ASI level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report