‘Check stagnation at constable level’
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday directed the state DGP to submit an action plan recommending welfare initiatives for constables.
"The constabulary is the backbone of Police force and welfare steps should be taken to raise the morale of constables," Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said in
a meeting with the Police department here.
It is a matter of concern that a constable is offered first promotion after 16 years of his services and that too without any financial incentive, he said and directed DGP P S Gill to submit an action plan within seven days to check stagnation at constable and ASI level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?