‘Check stagnation at constable level’
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Tuesday directed the state DGP to submit an action plan recommending welfare initiatives for constables.
"The constabulary is the backbone of Police force and welfare steps should be taken to raise the morale of constables," Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said in
a meeting with the Police department here.
It is a matter of concern that a constable is offered first promotion after 16 years of his services and that too without any financial incentive, he said and directed DGP P S Gill to submit an action plan within seven days to check stagnation at constable and ASI level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state