Chlorine gas leak in Nangal sparks panic
Nangal (Punjab): Panic gripped Nangal area on Friday following alleged leakage of chlorine gas from Punjab Alkalies and Chemicals Limited plant here.
People in the localities near the plant including Jawahar Market, Kathehra, Kancherra and Barari complained of breathlessness and irritation in the eyes as the gas leak allegedly occurred at around 5:30 am.
Punjab Pollution Control Board executive engineer Joginder Singh said that leakage took place after the pipeline carrying chlorine got burst in the plant at the time of start of the process of the system.
The authorities immediately shut down the plant which prevented any major harm.
However, plant`s general manager JS Talwar said there was no bursting of pipeline in the plant.
He said that there was "no question of leakage of gas and only a water seal of the pipeline was broken due to frosting this morning".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Mercedes-Benz to introduce 4 electric vehicles by 2020
- Mahresult.nic.in MSBSHSE HSC Results 2016: Maharashtra Board HSC Class 12th XII Exam Result 2016 declared
- Is ‘Junooniyat’, ‘Sanam Re 2’? Yami Gautam will tell you
- IPL 2016: Sunil Gavaskar thinks de Villiers is 'AB-CDE' - Find out why!
- Batla House encounter: Subramanian Swamy calls for NIA probe against Digvijay Singh