Clash between two groups: 15 injured
Faridkot: At least 15 people were injured when supporters of two Akali leaders campaigning for July 3 Panchayat polls in the state clashed and opened fire at each other in a village in Faridkot district, police said today.
The clash took place between supporters of SAD MLA Deep Malhotra and former Fardikot Improvement Trust chairman Parambans Singh Banti in Rupyian Wala village on Friday night, police said.
Members of both the groups opened fire and hurled bricks while beating each other, resulting in injuries to 15 people, two of whom are in serious condition, they said.
The groups were campaigning for their candidates for the post of Sarpanch in the run up to the polls, police said, adding that at least eight members of one group and seven of the other were injured in the clash.
Cross cases have been registered against both the parties, police said.
Meanwhile, Sadik police station SHO Balwinder Singh was sent to police lines as he allegedly failed to reach in time when the clash broke out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand