Clash between two groups: 15 injured
Faridkot: At least 15 people were injured when supporters of two Akali leaders campaigning for July 3 Panchayat polls in the state clashed and opened fire at each other in a village in Faridkot district, police said today.
The clash took place between supporters of SAD MLA Deep Malhotra and former Fardikot Improvement Trust chairman Parambans Singh Banti in Rupyian Wala village on Friday night, police said.
Members of both the groups opened fire and hurled bricks while beating each other, resulting in injuries to 15 people, two of whom are in serious condition, they said.
The groups were campaigning for their candidates for the post of Sarpanch in the run up to the polls, police said, adding that at least eight members of one group and seven of the other were injured in the clash.
Cross cases have been registered against both the parties, police said.
Meanwhile, Sadik police station SHO Balwinder Singh was sent to police lines as he allegedly failed to reach in time when the clash broke out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- IPL 2016, Eliminator: SRH beat KKR by 22 runs; play Gujarat in 2nd qualifier for place in final
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results likely to be declared on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- ISRO to test next reusable launch vehicle after studying data of May 23 flight
- Beware! Grilled food not good for health!
- WhatsApp leads messaging apps globally