Clash in Punjab jail: IGP visits Kapurthala prison
Kapurthala: Punjab`s Inspector General of
Police (Jails) Jagjit Singh on Saturday visited the district prison
here following a clash between inmates and jail wardens on
He met the jail staff and inmates to take stock of the
situation arising out of the clash that left two wardens and
five prisoners injured.
Indiscipline was the main reason behind the clash, Singh
said adding prisoners involved in attacking and injuring the
jail wardens had been shifted to Patiala and Bathinda jails.
A case against four prisoners involved in hooliganism in
the jail had been registered, police said.
SP (Jails) Sikander Singh said peace had been restored
in the jail and four prisoners who sustained minor injuries
were discharged from hospital after treatment.
Prisoner Pritam Singh and jail warden Balbir Singh were
recuperating in the civil hospital and their condition was
stable, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days