Clear air on Bhullar issue: Amarinder to Badal
Chandigarh: Accusing the Punjab CM of playing politics over the Bhullar issue, state Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Monday asked Prakash Singh Badal
to spell out his government`s stand on the matter.
Badal should spell out his government`s stand over the
"mercy" to Devinder Singh Bhullar and not just "beat around
the bush and mislead" the public, he said.
Khalistan militant Bhullar, convicted for attacking
former Youth Congress chief MS Bitta in Delhi in 1993, is on
a death row. His mercy plea has been rejected by the
"If Badal is genuinely sincere towards Bhullar, let him
take the initiative and bring him to some Punjab jail," the
former Chief Minister said.
"Badal is only playing politics over such a sensitive
issue and he has no intentions of helping Bhullar," Amarinder
When asked by reporters to comment on the issue in
Bathinda today, Badal reportedly told them not to put the
"noose around his neck".
In the wake of Tamil Nadu Assembly recently passing a
resolution to consider the mercy plea of the three convicts in
the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, various Sikh bodies have
urged Badal to convey a similar message on Bhullar.
The PCC president said the Chief Minister was saying
different things on different occasions.
Three years ago Badal said under oath that Bhullar was a
"hardcore criminal" and a "dreaded terrorist" but now he was
claiming to defend him, Amarinder said.
"If he has really undergone a change of heart let him
withdraw the affidavit in the court and help Bhullar to spend
his incarceration in some Punjab jail," he said.
The former Chief Minister said "instead of raising a hue
and cry about the resolution in the state Assembly, which is a
pointless exercise since the matter is already in the Supreme
Court, Badal should clarify the stand of his government on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo