Clear air on Bhullar issue: Amarinder to Badal
Chandigarh: Accusing the Punjab CM of playing politics over the Bhullar issue, state Congress chief Amarinder Singh on Monday asked Prakash Singh Badal
to spell out his government`s stand on the matter.
Badal should spell out his government`s stand over the
"mercy" to Devinder Singh Bhullar and not just "beat around
the bush and mislead" the public, he said.
Khalistan militant Bhullar, convicted for attacking
former Youth Congress chief MS Bitta in Delhi in 1993, is on
a death row. His mercy plea has been rejected by the
"If Badal is genuinely sincere towards Bhullar, let him
take the initiative and bring him to some Punjab jail," the
former Chief Minister said.
"Badal is only playing politics over such a sensitive
issue and he has no intentions of helping Bhullar," Amarinder
When asked by reporters to comment on the issue in
Bathinda today, Badal reportedly told them not to put the
"noose around his neck".
In the wake of Tamil Nadu Assembly recently passing a
resolution to consider the mercy plea of the three convicts in
the Rajiv Gandhi assassination case, various Sikh bodies have
urged Badal to convey a similar message on Bhullar.
The PCC president said the Chief Minister was saying
different things on different occasions.
Three years ago Badal said under oath that Bhullar was a
"hardcore criminal" and a "dreaded terrorist" but now he was
claiming to defend him, Amarinder said.
"If he has really undergone a change of heart let him
withdraw the affidavit in the court and help Bhullar to spend
his incarceration in some Punjab jail," he said.
The former Chief Minister said "instead of raising a hue
and cry about the resolution in the state Assembly, which is a
pointless exercise since the matter is already in the Supreme
Court, Badal should clarify the stand of his government on the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'