Cold conditions abate, mercury rises in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions abated in Punjab and Haryana with the minimum temperature Wednesday rising by a few notches above normal at several places in the two neighbouring states.
Chandigarh, the common capital of the two states, recorded a low of 13.2 degrees Celsius, up by three notches above normal, a MeT report said.
In Punjab, the minimum temperature in Amritsar and Patiala settled at 12.6 degrees Celsius and 14.1 degrees Celsius respectively, up by five and three notches each above normal.
Ludhiana registered a low of 13.5 degrees Celsius, two above normal.
In Haryana, Ambala registered a low of 14.4 degrees Celsius, up by three notches and Hisar had a low of 11.9 degrees Celsius.
Karnal, Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded respective minimums of 12.4 degrees Celsius, 12 degrees Celsius and 14 degrees Celsius, all two to three notches above normal.
The MeT department has predicted rainfall at a few places in the two states tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead