Cold conditions back in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions were back Thursday at most places in Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar braving the chill at 4.4 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states recording two notches below normal low, the minimum temperatures also dropped below normal at Ludhiana (7.8 deg C) and Patiala (7.9 deg C).
After witnessing rainy weather for past 3-4 days, it was a bright sun shine in Chandigarh today, but the night was cold at 7.3 deg C.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest place recording a low of 6.2 deg C, down two notches, the MeT said here.
Karnal, too, experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg C, one below normal, while Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.4 deg C respectively.
While the night temperatures dropped today, but most places in the two states were this morning greeted by a bright sun shine after inclement weather during the past few days.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility early today at Amritsar and Hisar. In its forecast, they said that minimum temperatures may hover a notch or two below normal levels in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet