Cold conditions back in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions were back Thursday at most places in Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar braving the chill at 4.4 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states recording two notches below normal low, the minimum temperatures also dropped below normal at Ludhiana (7.8 deg C) and Patiala (7.9 deg C).
After witnessing rainy weather for past 3-4 days, it was a bright sun shine in Chandigarh today, but the night was cold at 7.3 deg C.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest place recording a low of 6.2 deg C, down two notches, the MeT said here.
Karnal, too, experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg C, one below normal, while Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.4 deg C respectively.
While the night temperatures dropped today, but most places in the two states were this morning greeted by a bright sun shine after inclement weather during the past few days.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility early today at Amritsar and Hisar. In its forecast, they said that minimum temperatures may hover a notch or two below normal levels in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- DNA: Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Russia opens first criminal case under the controversial `foreign agent` law
- India's Sanjeev Rajput wins silver in ISSF World Cup
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- Al-Qaeda wanted to swap PM's abducted son for Zawahiri's women
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside