Cold conditions back in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions were back Thursday at most places in Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar braving the chill at 4.4 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states recording two notches below normal low, the minimum temperatures also dropped below normal at Ludhiana (7.8 deg C) and Patiala (7.9 deg C).
After witnessing rainy weather for past 3-4 days, it was a bright sun shine in Chandigarh today, but the night was cold at 7.3 deg C.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest place recording a low of 6.2 deg C, down two notches, the MeT said here.
Karnal, too, experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg C, one below normal, while Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.4 deg C respectively.
While the night temperatures dropped today, but most places in the two states were this morning greeted by a bright sun shine after inclement weather during the past few days.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility early today at Amritsar and Hisar. In its forecast, they said that minimum temperatures may hover a notch or two below normal levels in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- Abhishek Bachchan's 'family' birthday—See pics