Cold conditions back in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions were back Thursday at most places in Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar braving the chill at 4.4 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states recording two notches below normal low, the minimum temperatures also dropped below normal at Ludhiana (7.8 deg C) and Patiala (7.9 deg C).
After witnessing rainy weather for past 3-4 days, it was a bright sun shine in Chandigarh today, but the night was cold at 7.3 deg C.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest place recording a low of 6.2 deg C, down two notches, the MeT said here.
Karnal, too, experienced a cold night at 7.2 deg C, one below normal, while Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded below normal minimums of 6.4 deg C and 7.4 deg C respectively.
While the night temperatures dropped today, but most places in the two states were this morning greeted by a bright sun shine after inclement weather during the past few days.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility early today at Amritsar and Hisar. In its forecast, they said that minimum temperatures may hover a notch or two below normal levels in Punjab and Haryana during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands