Cold conditions continue in many parts of Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions continued to
prevail on Tuesday at many places in Punjab and Haryana with
Amritsar being the coldest place in the region.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states
registering a minimum of 6.2 degrees Celsius, two below normal
level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 9 deg C,
down one notch, while the low at Patiala settled at 8.7 deg C,
one below normal.
In Haryana, Rohtak braved the chill at a low of 7.3
deg C, down two degrees, while Karnal recorded a minimum of
7 deg C, three below normal. Narnaul was also cold at 7 deg C.
Hisar, too, had a cold night at 8.6 deg C, down one
notch, while the low at Gurgaon settled at 8.5 deg C.
The minimum at Chandigarh dropped by two notches since
yesterday to settle at 8.4 deg C, one below normal.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility at some places
early today including Ambala, Karnal, Rohtak, Amritsar and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!