Cold conditions continue in many parts of Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions continued to
prevail on Tuesday at many places in Punjab and Haryana with
Amritsar being the coldest place in the region.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states
registering a minimum of 6.2 degrees Celsius, two below normal
level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 9 deg C,
down one notch, while the low at Patiala settled at 8.7 deg C,
one below normal.
In Haryana, Rohtak braved the chill at a low of 7.3
deg C, down two degrees, while Karnal recorded a minimum of
7 deg C, three below normal. Narnaul was also cold at 7 deg C.
Hisar, too, had a cold night at 8.6 deg C, down one
notch, while the low at Gurgaon settled at 8.5 deg C.
The minimum at Chandigarh dropped by two notches since
yesterday to settle at 8.4 deg C, one below normal.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility at some places
early today including Ambala, Karnal, Rohtak, Amritsar and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria