Cold conditions continue in many parts of Punjab and Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions continued to
prevail on Tuesday at many places in Punjab and Haryana with
Amritsar being the coldest place in the region.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states
registering a minimum of 6.2 degrees Celsius, two below normal
level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana also experienced a cold night at 9 deg C,
down one notch, while the low at Patiala settled at 8.7 deg C,
one below normal.
In Haryana, Rohtak braved the chill at a low of 7.3
deg C, down two degrees, while Karnal recorded a minimum of
7 deg C, three below normal. Narnaul was also cold at 7 deg C.
Hisar, too, had a cold night at 8.6 deg C, down one
notch, while the low at Gurgaon settled at 8.5 deg C.
The minimum at Chandigarh dropped by two notches since
yesterday to settle at 8.4 deg C, one below normal.
The MeT said that fog reduced visibility at some places
early today including Ambala, Karnal, Rohtak, Amritsar and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper deal kickbacks were channelled from Mauritius to India: Report
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!