Cold conditions continue in Punjab & Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Monday continued at many places in Punjab and Haryana with Amritsar being the coldest place at 4.8 degrees Celsius.
While Amritsar`s minimum settled two notches below normal, Ludhiana and Patiala also braved the chill recording below normal lows of 6.2 deg C and 6.6 deg C respectively, the MeT said here.
In Haryana, Hisar was the coldest place in the state recording a low of 5.3 deg C, down four notches than normal.
Karnal, too, experienced a cold night at 6 deg C, down three degrees, while Narnaul registered an identical low of 6 deg C.
The respective minimum temperatures of Bhiwani and Ambala were recorded at 6.5 deg C and 9.5 deg C.
Chandigarh recorded a low of 8.7 deg C, which was within the normal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says