Cold conditions continue in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed across Punjab and Haryana Monday as minimum temperatures dropped by a few degrees.
Two days after the region was lashed by heavy rains, the mercury dropped by up to four notches at some places, a MeT report here said.
Chandigarh experienced a cold night at 8.5 deg C, two degrees below normal and nearly four degrees down since yesterday.
Karnal at 6.6 deg C in Haryana was the coldest place in the two states.
Ambala recorded a low of 8.8 deg C, two notches below normal while Narnaul`s minimum settled at 7 deg C, down four degrees.
Hisar registered a low of 9.6 deg C, one notch below normal.
In Punjab, Ludhiana was the coldest place at 7.4 deg C, four notches below normal.
Patiala recorded a low of 9.6 deg C, down one notch while Amritsar experienced a cold night at 8 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?