Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions prevailed across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Thursday with temperatures remaining below normal levels.
Amritsar, where the mercury had been hovering below the freezing point for past few days, registered a marginal increase with the minimum settling at 1.6 degrees Celsius, the MeT department here said.
Patiala recorded a temperature of 4 degrees Celsius, down by three degrees, while Ludhiana settled at 3.2 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal.
Chandigarh experienced a cold night at 4.6 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place recording a low of 2 degrees Celsius, down three notches while Hisar was also equally cold at 2.1 degrees.
Cold wave swept other parts of the state, including Rohtak (2.4 degrees C), Bhiwani (2.2 degrees C), Karnal (3 degrees C) and Ambala (5.6 deg C), with minimum temperatures dropping by up to four notches.
The MeT department said that cold wave conditions will continue in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr