Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold wave conditions prevailed across Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Thursday with temperatures remaining below normal levels.
Amritsar, where the mercury had been hovering below the freezing point for past few days, registered a marginal increase with the minimum settling at 1.6 degrees Celsius, the MeT department here said.
Patiala recorded a temperature of 4 degrees Celsius, down by three degrees, while Ludhiana settled at 3.2 degrees Celsius, four notches below normal.
Chandigarh experienced a cold night at 4.6 degrees Celsius.
In Haryana, Narnaul was the coldest place recording a low of 2 degrees Celsius, down three notches while Hisar was also equally cold at 2.1 degrees.
Cold wave swept other parts of the state, including Rohtak (2.4 degrees C), Bhiwani (2.2 degrees C), Karnal (3 degrees C) and Ambala (5.6 deg C), with minimum temperatures dropping by up to four notches.
The MeT department said that cold wave conditions will continue in the two states during the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt