Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions persisted in
Punjab and Haryana Monday with the mercury dipping upto five notches below normal across the two states.
Temperature in Chandigarh settled at 5 degree Celsius,
one degree below normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, the temperature at Jalandhar`s Adampur air
base was today recorded at 0.4 degree Celsius, Amritsar at 2
degree Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 7.8
degree Celsius and 6.1 degree Celsius respectively.
Haryana, Hisar and Karnal recorded the lowest temperature
of 3.2 degree Celsius each, 4 and 5 degrees below normal,
Ambala and Rohtak registered minimum of 7 degree Celsius
and 4.6 degree Celsius.
The Met department in its forecast has said that days
would remain sunny and dry, but it warned that ground frost
may occur at isolated places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai