Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions persisted in
Punjab and Haryana Monday with the mercury dipping upto five notches below normal across the two states.
Temperature in Chandigarh settled at 5 degree Celsius,
one degree below normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, the temperature at Jalandhar`s Adampur air
base was today recorded at 0.4 degree Celsius, Amritsar at 2
degree Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 7.8
degree Celsius and 6.1 degree Celsius respectively.
Haryana, Hisar and Karnal recorded the lowest temperature
of 3.2 degree Celsius each, 4 and 5 degrees below normal,
Ambala and Rohtak registered minimum of 7 degree Celsius
and 4.6 degree Celsius.
The Met department in its forecast has said that days
would remain sunny and dry, but it warned that ground frost
may occur at isolated places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Turkey orders 47 newspaper journalists, executives detained
- 'Dishoom' hunks Varun Dhawan-John Abraham relish king-like breakfast, ecstatic for big release! - See pic
- BJP goons stopping autos, taxis from plying: Arvind Kejriwal
- How much do you know about hepatitis - Take the quiz here
- Muttiah Muralitharan, three others to be inducted into ICC Hall of Fame