Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions persisted in
Punjab and Haryana Monday with the mercury dipping upto five notches below normal across the two states.
Temperature in Chandigarh settled at 5 degree Celsius,
one degree below normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, the temperature at Jalandhar`s Adampur air
base was today recorded at 0.4 degree Celsius, Amritsar at 2
degree Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 7.8
degree Celsius and 6.1 degree Celsius respectively.
Haryana, Hisar and Karnal recorded the lowest temperature
of 3.2 degree Celsius each, 4 and 5 degrees below normal,
Ambala and Rohtak registered minimum of 7 degree Celsius
and 4.6 degree Celsius.
The Met department in its forecast has said that days
would remain sunny and dry, but it warned that ground frost
may occur at isolated places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley