Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions persisted in
Punjab and Haryana Monday with the mercury dipping upto five notches below normal across the two states.
Temperature in Chandigarh settled at 5 degree Celsius,
one degree below normal, the Met office here said.
In Punjab, the temperature at Jalandhar`s Adampur air
base was today recorded at 0.4 degree Celsius, Amritsar at 2
degree Celsius while Ludhiana and Patiala had a low of 7.8
degree Celsius and 6.1 degree Celsius respectively.
Haryana, Hisar and Karnal recorded the lowest temperature
of 3.2 degree Celsius each, 4 and 5 degrees below normal,
Ambala and Rohtak registered minimum of 7 degree Celsius
and 4.6 degree Celsius.
The Met department in its forecast has said that days
would remain sunny and dry, but it warned that ground frost
may occur at isolated places in the two states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan