Cold conditions persist in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: With minimum temperatures
hovering below normal, cold conditions continued to persist in
Punjab and Haryana on Monday.
Narnaul in Haryana was the coldest place in the two
states recording a low of 5.6 degrees Celsius, down four
notches, the MeT Department said.
Karnal was also chilly at a minimum of 6 degrees Celsius,
down four notches, while Hisar`s low of 8.7 degrees Celsius
settled two notches below normal.
Bhiwani and Rohtak also braved the chill recording
respective minimums of 7 degrees Celsius and 7.8 degrees
Celsius, down four and three notches each.
Ambala recorded a minimum of 8.3 degrees Celsius, down
In Punjab, Amritsar`s minimum settled at 8 degrees
Celsius while Patiala recorded a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius,
one below normal.
Ludhiana`s minimum, however, settled within the normal
range at 10 degrees Celsius.
Chandigarh, the joint capital of the two states recorded
a low of 8.4 degrees Celsius, down two degrees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’