Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Wednesday prevailed in large parts of Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar the coldest place in the region at 4 degrees Celsius.
Amritsar was cooler by three notches than normal level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala also experienced a cold night, recording lows of 8.1 deg C and 7.1 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Hisar and Karnal reeled under cold conditions recording lows of 5.2 deg C and 5.4 deg C respectively. Narnaul and Bhiwani were cold at 5.2 deg C and 6.2 deg C, respectively.
While Karnal was enveloped with fog early this morning, misty conditions prevailed in Amritsar and Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley