Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions on Wednesday prevailed in large parts of Punjab and Haryana, with Amritsar the coldest place in the region at 4 degrees Celsius.
Amritsar was cooler by three notches than normal level, the MeT said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala also experienced a cold night, recording lows of 8.1 deg C and 7.1 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Hisar and Karnal reeled under cold conditions recording lows of 5.2 deg C and 5.4 deg C respectively. Narnaul and Bhiwani were cold at 5.2 deg C and 6.2 deg C, respectively.
While Karnal was enveloped with fog early this morning, misty conditions prevailed in Amritsar and Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?