Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions prevailed in many parts of Punjab and Haryana on Friday, even though bright sun brought some comfort to the people.
Amritsar was the coldest place in the two states with the minimum temperature at 4.6 deg C which was one degree above normal. Hisar in Haryana recorded a low of 5.8 deg C.
The minimum temperatures at most places, including Chandigarh, Ambala, Bhiwani, Karnal, Narnaul, Ludhiana and Patiala were either at normal level or above normal, a MeT office spokesman said.
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- Tamil Nadu polls: Branding Congress, AIADMK, DMK as corrupt, Amit Shah seeks mandate for BJP
- Delhi govt approves proposal to set up memorial on APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat
- IPL 2016: Andre Russell four-for guides Kolkata Knight Riders to 7-run win over Kings XI Punjab
- Heated debate takes place in Rajya Sabha on VVIP chopper deal: Top quotes
- 'Catastrophic wildfires' force thousands to flee in Canada