Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as dense fog continued to disrupt normal life at several places in both states.
Adampur in Punjab was the coldest place in the region with a low of 4.6 deg C.
Union Territory of Chandigarh, capital of both Punjab and Haryana, had a low of 8 deg C, up by two notches above normal, the MeT Department said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar braved cold weather at 7.6 deg C, up by two degrees above normal. Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum of 8.1 deg C and 7.9 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala and Hisar experienced cold conditions at 7.8 deg C and 8 deg C. Karnal, Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded minimum at 7.4 deg C, 7.6 deg C and 5.5 deg C respectively.
The MeT Department in its forecast said weather will remain dry while dense fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana during night and morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Cuteness alert! Meet Deepak Tijori's adorable daughter Samara Tijori – View pics
- Disrupted sleeping habits may cause suicidal thoughts
- US aid to Pakistan shrinks amid mounting frustration over militants
- SC asks Parsvnath to refund home buyers; builder says it can't repay
- Supreme Court admits plea to declare triple talaq illegal; issues notice to Centre