Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as dense fog continued to disrupt normal life at several places in both states.
Adampur in Punjab was the coldest place in the region with a low of 4.6 deg C.
Union Territory of Chandigarh, capital of both Punjab and Haryana, had a low of 8 deg C, up by two notches above normal, the MeT Department said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar braved cold weather at 7.6 deg C, up by two degrees above normal. Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum of 8.1 deg C and 7.9 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala and Hisar experienced cold conditions at 7.8 deg C and 8 deg C. Karnal, Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded minimum at 7.4 deg C, 7.6 deg C and 5.5 deg C respectively.
The MeT Department in its forecast said weather will remain dry while dense fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana during night and morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi