Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as dense fog continued to disrupt normal life at several places in both states.
Adampur in Punjab was the coldest place in the region with a low of 4.6 deg C.
Union Territory of Chandigarh, capital of both Punjab and Haryana, had a low of 8 deg C, up by two notches above normal, the MeT Department said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar braved cold weather at 7.6 deg C, up by two degrees above normal. Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum of 8.1 deg C and 7.9 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala and Hisar experienced cold conditions at 7.8 deg C and 8 deg C. Karnal, Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded minimum at 7.4 deg C, 7.6 deg C and 5.5 deg C respectively.
The MeT Department in its forecast said weather will remain dry while dense fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana during night and morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef