Cold conditions prevail in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions today prevailed in Punjab and Haryana even as dense fog continued to disrupt normal life at several places in both states.
Adampur in Punjab was the coldest place in the region with a low of 4.6 deg C.
Union Territory of Chandigarh, capital of both Punjab and Haryana, had a low of 8 deg C, up by two notches above normal, the MeT Department said here today.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar braved cold weather at 7.6 deg C, up by two degrees above normal. Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum of 8.1 deg C and 7.9 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala and Hisar experienced cold conditions at 7.8 deg C and 8 deg C. Karnal, Bhiwani and Narnaul recorded minimum at 7.4 deg C, 7.6 deg C and 5.5 deg C respectively.
The MeT Department in its forecast said weather will remain dry while dense fog and mist will remain at several places in Punjab and Haryana during night and morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth