Cold conditions renew in Punjab, Haryana after overnight rains
Chandigarh: The cold conditions, which had abated in past few days, were renewed today in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh with mercury plummeting by up to two degrees after overnight rains.
Some parts of Punjab and Haryana were drenched by rains overnight, bringing down the temperature in the region, the MeT office said here, however, adding that foggy weather had eased out to some extent in the plains of the twin states.
The minimum temperatures hovered between two degrees Celsius below normal to three notches above normal limits in the region, MeT officials said.
Adampur in Punjab was coldest place with a low of three degrees Celsius.
While Hisar braved a low of 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was two notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Amritsar was 5.6 degrees C, three notches above normal.
Among other places, Narnaul settled at a low of 6.5 degrees C, two notches above normal followed by 6.6 degrees C at Chandigarh, one notch above normal and 7.1 degrees C at Paiala, also one notch above normal.
Ludhiana settled at a low of 7.4 degrees C whereas Ambala had a low of eight degrees C, two notches above normal.
While Chandigarh was drenched by 3.8 mm of rains, Ambala received 0.5 mm of rainfall.
Most parts of the region had clear sky providing relief from the foggy weather.
However, some parts in Punjab and Haryana, including Hisar, Bhiwani, Amritsar and Ludhiana had fog in the morning.
Most of the flights were on schedule from Chandigarh airport, officials said.
The MeT forecast dry weather in the region with rise in minimum temperatures during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’