Cold conditions renew in Punjab, Haryana after overnight rains
Chandigarh: The cold conditions, which had abated in past few days, were renewed today in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh with mercury plummeting by up to two degrees after overnight rains.
Some parts of Punjab and Haryana were drenched by rains overnight, bringing down the temperature in the region, the MeT office said here, however, adding that foggy weather had eased out to some extent in the plains of the twin states.
The minimum temperatures hovered between two degrees Celsius below normal to three notches above normal limits in the region, MeT officials said.
Adampur in Punjab was coldest place with a low of three degrees Celsius.
While Hisar braved a low of 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was two notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Amritsar was 5.6 degrees C, three notches above normal.
Among other places, Narnaul settled at a low of 6.5 degrees C, two notches above normal followed by 6.6 degrees C at Chandigarh, one notch above normal and 7.1 degrees C at Paiala, also one notch above normal.
Ludhiana settled at a low of 7.4 degrees C whereas Ambala had a low of eight degrees C, two notches above normal.
While Chandigarh was drenched by 3.8 mm of rains, Ambala received 0.5 mm of rainfall.
Most parts of the region had clear sky providing relief from the foggy weather.
However, some parts in Punjab and Haryana, including Hisar, Bhiwani, Amritsar and Ludhiana had fog in the morning.
Most of the flights were on schedule from Chandigarh airport, officials said.
The MeT forecast dry weather in the region with rise in minimum temperatures during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday