Cold, fog disrupt normal life in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Intense cold continued its grip on most parts of Punjab and Haryana Thursday as a thick blanket of fog played havoc with normal life in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between four degrees Celsius below normal to four notches above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul reeled under a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below normal making it the coldest place in the region.
While Karnal braved a low of 4.2 degrees celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Chandigarh was 4.7 degrees Celsius.
Among other places in the twin agrarian states, Bhiwani settled at a low of 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by five degrees Celsius at Hisar, 5.2 degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal, 5.6 degrees celsius at Ludhiana and 6 degrees Celsius at Ambala.
The night temperatures were up by an average upto two degrees Celsius in the region, the Met office said.
However, a thick blanket of fog in the morning at most places in the region affected all modes of travelling, disrupting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- On being No. 1 in Tests: We need to do a lot to maintain it, says Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini