Cold, fog disrupt normal life in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Intense cold continued its grip on most parts of Punjab and Haryana Thursday as a thick blanket of fog played havoc with normal life in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between four degrees Celsius below normal to four notches above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul reeled under a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below normal making it the coldest place in the region.
While Karnal braved a low of 4.2 degrees celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Chandigarh was 4.7 degrees Celsius.
Among other places in the twin agrarian states, Bhiwani settled at a low of 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by five degrees Celsius at Hisar, 5.2 degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal, 5.6 degrees celsius at Ludhiana and 6 degrees Celsius at Ambala.
The night temperatures were up by an average upto two degrees Celsius in the region, the Met office said.
However, a thick blanket of fog in the morning at most places in the region affected all modes of travelling, disrupting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing