Cold, fog disrupt normal life in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Intense cold continued its grip on most parts of Punjab and Haryana Thursday as a thick blanket of fog played havoc with normal life in the region.
The minimum temperatures hovered between four degrees Celsius below normal to four notches above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the Met office said here.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Narnaul reeled under a low of 0.5 degrees Celsius, which was four notches below normal making it the coldest place in the region.
While Karnal braved a low of 4.2 degrees celsius, three notches below normal, the minimum temperature at Chandigarh was 4.7 degrees Celsius.
Among other places in the twin agrarian states, Bhiwani settled at a low of 4.8 degrees Celsius followed by five degrees Celsius at Hisar, 5.2 degrees Celsius at Patiala, one notch below normal, 5.6 degrees celsius at Ludhiana and 6 degrees Celsius at Ambala.
The night temperatures were up by an average upto two degrees Celsius in the region, the Met office said.
However, a thick blanket of fog in the morning at most places in the region affected all modes of travelling, disrupting normal life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch